The Transylvania One Hundred Marathon
16th May 2020
Mountain ultra-runs through the wilds of Transylvania, starting and finishing at Dracula’s Castle in Bran.
The Transylvania 100 comprises five different races, of varied distance (100, 80, 50, 30 and 20 kilometers), in the Bucegi Mountains region.
Each race is a single stage only for solo runners within the specified time limits.
All five races have a basic principle of self-sufficiency while mountain-running, this being defined as the competitor's ability to be self-sufficient between two checkpoints not only in terms of feeding and hydration but also in terms of clothing, equipment and personal security.
Friday May 15th 2020 – 1pm-10:00pm (Sports Hall)
- kit-check & registration for all race distances
- info point
- sponsors and partners expo
Saturday May 16th 2020 (Bran Castle)
- 05:00am start Transylvania 100k & Transylvania 80k
- 07:00am start Transylvania 50k
- 09:00am start Transylvania 30k
- 09:15am-10:00am Transylvania 20k, assemble for transport to start (next to the Bran Castle's main entry)
- 09:30am-10:00am buses departure to Moieciu de Sus
- 10:00am the last bus departure to Moieciu de Sus
- 11:00am start Transylvania 20k (start Moieciu de Sus - Valea Bangaleasa - end of the asphalt, next to Hotel Mistral)
- 12:30am arrival of the first runners
Sunday May 17th 2020 (Bran Castle)
- 12:00am finish of the last runners
- 1:00pm prize giving ceremony
- free places in the famous “108 mile Spine Challenger” for the first 100k male and female finishers;
- free places in the “Nowe Granice” for the first 100k male and female finishers;
- free places in the “Jagerstein Ultra” for the first 50k male and female finishers;
- free places in the “Baran Trail Race” for the first 50k male and female finishers;
- ITRA points for UTMB - 5 points/ 100k; 4 points/ 80k; 3 points/ 50k; 2 points/ 30k; 1 point/ 20k.
PLACES TO VISIT
Zarnesti - bear sanctuary
Sinaia - Peles Castle
Busteni - Cantacuzino Castle
Piatra Craiului Range
3 days proposed program
Flight London – Bucharest
Day 1 - Thursday
Pick up from the airport and will have 2 hours’ drive to Bran where will take the accommodation.
Will have buffet dinner and free relaxing time.
Day 2- Friday
Today will be a day to get some taste of Romania.
Will take a trip by coach to a fortress from the 16th century, visit Dracula castle and have a walk around in the local market .
Afternoon meeting about the race.
Pasta dinner and getting ready for the race.
Day 3 -Saturday
The Big Day – Race time
A la carte dinner as different timings of getting back from the race.
The place where the finish line is it is packed will entertainment, food stores, free drinks and meal for the competitors.
Day 4 – Sunday
back to Bucharest for the fly back to the UK